Studio 6 Digital products are dispatched from the USA, please allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery.
iPrecisionMic is a precision, professional microphone that is also an iOS direct-connect Lightning accessory. iPrecisionMic is factory calibrated to +/-0.1dB using a NIST traceable pressure-compensated calibrator. The calibration offsets are store in the microphone’s nonvolatile memory, and are transferred automatically to an iOS device running our AudioTools app.
Thus, not only is iPrecisionMic accurate, clean, and calibrated, but it requires no setup when connected to our apps. Instant, calibrated SPL measurements. Share it between several users, confident in knowing that it will also give you the same calibrated, reliable results no matter who is using it.
- Meets Class 1 acoustical specifications for sound level meter per ANSI S1.4-2014 and IEC 61672-1:2002 and 60804:2000 Type 1.
- Meets Class 1 for ANSI S1.11 / IEC 61260:1995 Class 0 Octave and Fractional Octave Band Digital Filters, frequency range from 32Hz to 16kHz in octave bands, and 25Hz to 20kHz in 1/3 octave bands.
- Certification available.
- Compact and portable.
- Cost effective; the entire staff can own one.
- As easy to operate as an iPhone.
- Fast, Slow, Impulse, Max, Min, Leq, Ln.
- Octave and 1/3 Octave logging.
- Z-, A-, or C-weighted spectra.
iPrecisionMic + iPhone/iPad = Class 1 Instrument
Connect iPrecisionMic to any iOS device with a Lightning connector, download our AudioTools app, and you have a precision sound level meter, ready for certification.
Plug in the included AC adapter and charge the attached iOS device for extended run time.
The microphone is built of beautifully finished nickel-plated solid bronze tubing, with no seams or welds. It has very low susceptibility to mechanical resonances. When equipped with a weatherproof windscreen and a protective boot on the cable end, it is suitable for use outdoors in all weather conditions.
All of the active electronics are in the microphone body, including the regulated power supply, microphone preamplifier, precision 24-bit A/D converter, and the circuitry required to communicate with Apple devices via a digital audio link. This means that we are not reliant on the analog electronics stages in the iPhone or iPad, but rather we completely bypass them with a digital audio link.
iPrecisionMic will automatically unlock the SPL Pro and SPL Graph modules (including octave band logging) in AudioTools. Combined with the other free modules in AudioTools, RTA, FFT analyzer, SPL Meter, and Generator, you have a complete test & measurement package. Extend this with any of our optional modules, such as STIPA speech intelligibility or Smaart or LARSA for room correction and sound system setup.
iPrecisionMic is powered directly from the iOS device. It uses less than 60ma while audio is active, and much less when idle.
The microphone also includes a power input port designed for the supplied 5V 2.5A power supply. This power is fed to the iOS device so that you can run the entire system on AC power indefinitely, and even charge the attached iOS device while the microphone is plugged in.
Type 1 Certification
iPrecisionMic has passed 61672-3 Type 1 testing at West Caldwell labs.
We will have the following accessories available:
- 20dB pad to allow extremely high SPL readings (148dBA)
- Weatherproof windscreen
- Weatherproof remote location mounting kit
- Brand: Studio Six Digital
- Product Code: iPrecisionMic
- Availability: Allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery
- Ex Tax: $1,454.54